Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

8.21.2006

Daily Devotion

I get a daily devotion sent to my e-mail everyday. I really enjoy reading them - at least most of the time. Sometimes they really challenge me and those challenges can be difficult too. This was today's and I really liked it and thought it applied to all of us. Have a great week!!

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
2 Samuel 22:33

The annoying alarm clock blares in your ear, and you groggily reach over to fumble with the snooze button. Just a few more minutes, you think, and then I can get up and face the day. The alarm sounds again. You know you can't put it off any longer. It's time to face the inevitable. It's time to wrestle another day to the ground. But first, seek inspiration from this prayer written by Jacob Boehme, a German shoemaker who lived more than four hundred years ago:

Rule over me this day, O God, leading me on the path of righteousness. Put Your Word in my mind and Your truth in my heart, that this day I neither think nor feel anything except what is good and honest. Protect me from all lies and falsehood, helping me to discern deception wherever I meet it. Let my eyes always look straight ahead on the road You wish me to tread, that I might not be tempted by any distraction. And make my eyes pure, that no false desires may be awakened within me.

Approaching life prayerfully can help you have the following:
a day without distractions, focused only on the important
a day viewed through pure eyes
a day marked by goodness and honesty
a day of clear direction and no deception
a day without falsehood and lies
a day in which God's Word rules your mind and His truth reigns in your heart
~~~~~~~~
No one is stronger than the one who depends on God.

No comments: