Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

8.24.2010

Hello!

Let's see, where to begin?!

I am going to be 11 wks prego tomorrow & we have our check-up to see how I'm doing.  I'm excited b/c I think that we get to hear the heartbeat - that never gets old to me!  We won't get to see the baby again until October; that's when we're supposed to find out what sex it is.  I can't wait!  I would like to have a girl, but a boy is good too.  :)  I am just praying that the baby doesn't have the trait f/ Les.  That is very stressful in the beginning & will make for a long few months; especially since Zachary will be going with me to the doc. appts/transfusions.  Zachary has a 6 month blood check in about 2 wks & I can't wait to tell his hemotologist that I'm pregnant.  :)  They're going to be so excited, but of course, I have questions!

Yesterday, my mom received a call from her Oncologist & the cancer is the exact same from before, so now they're ready for treatment to begin.  However, 1st they need to put in her medi-port; which is where they'll infuse the drugs that she's going to be receiving.  She is going to be taking 1 of her drugs for over a year & we're not sure how she'll be receiving that particular drug.  Her & I went to look at wigs today just to see what we thought.  Well, I sure wish I had had my camera b/c I was laughing (she was too) so hard that I had tears in my eyes & it made my mascara run.  The 1st 2 wigs were not so flattering on her & the laughing helped to relieve some of the stress that had built up.  She has a very cute wig that should be arriving in about 1 week or so.  It's kind of blondish & short w/ some jazz!!  I'm so proud of how she did b/c I think that I would have cried through the whole thing if it were me.  The lady that worked with her is a 5 yr cancer survivor & she was so good with us.  She was very patient, understanding, caring, etc.  Thank you, Cathy!  Her & my dad are going to be going out of town for about a week or so before all this "fun" starts.  They're going to MS to visit my uncle Larry & travel with him on his boat.  They're excited & I'm sure that they'll have a good time!

This afternoon my mom & I went to go get pedicures.  It was so nice & my dad stayed with Zachary while he slept.  I got HOT PINK on my toes & they're bright, but I love it!  She's playing with Zachary the rest of the afternoon & I'm enjoying some time alone & by myself.  Les is going to be picking him up on his way home.  :)

We visited a new church this past Sunday & really enjoyed it.  The pastor is very dynamic & there is no denying that he's on fire for the Lord.  It's very contagious!  They do visitations on Tuesday night, so we're looking forward to them coming over & visiting us this evening.  :)  However, I didn't realize that there was a back part of the visitor card, so I hope that they come despite me not filling in that part.....LOL

I guess that's all that's going on right now.  I hope that you have a great rest of the week!  Let me know how I can pray for you - there is POWER in the prayer & in the blood!!!!

1 comment:

icenhower-family said...

I hate that we miss so much of church...I had no idea that yall were looking at different churches. PLEASE keep in touch through the blog! I want Z and G to be friends!!!
Praying for new baby C and praying for your mom!