Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2.21.2008

what a wonderful weekend - TOGETHER!

Les and I had a wonderful weekend this past weekend. We went camping after church on Sunday up to Bonham and had a great time! We camped on a dead end road where hunter's camp (Les has a hunting license and I have a permit), so we're completely legal to be on the land. :)

On Sunday we hiked for a little while, but I get scared after dark and we forgot the flashlight, so I insisted that we back BEFORE it was dark. :) Something about the dark and not being able to see really scares me!!! I even got scared 1x in the small patch of woods near our house and I knew where I was and headed home in tears. Les was very sweet and followed me b/c I got so scared (also, there were about 4 rabbits dead and some of them were hanging in trees, so I was freaked too). Anyways, after we got back we started a bonfire to keep warm (low was in the low 30's) and had hot dogs over the fire. That was a lot of fun relaxing and talking and just enjoying being together!! It was really cool, we got these HUGE logs started and they honestly burned all night - I'm not kidding either. It was wild! We went in our tent around 11 PM and played a few rounds of yahtzee and yes, Les beat me 2x, but I did beat him 2x the week before at home.........it was my time to lose......hahaha On Monday, we got up and had our breakfast (oatmeal) and packed up and went hiking in the woods. We were wearing rubber boots b/c it was pretty muddy, but it was fun and we used our GPS and walked about 3 miles or so. We were going to ride our bikes, but my tire was a little flat and we didn't want to chance it. So, we went and started our grill and fixed hamburgers. While the grill was getting ready we walked to the lake and bad - that was fun. We then started home and picked up our girl Kodiak and went to dog training. Kodiak has been having so much fun with agility and honestly she talks to me the whole time and wags her tail like crazy. I have fun seeing her have fun and using her brain. :)

Well, that is my weekend in a nutshell and I have been busy all week at work since we were closed on Monday for President's Day. It was a nice break and now tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

I am sooo ready for Friday to be here and can't wait. :)

No comments: