Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2.22.2008

Pole Cats: aka SKUNKS!

Okay, so last night was not the best night that Les and I have had since we've been married. Bear started barking about 11:15 PM and was still barking at 1 AM. I went outside on 2 different occassions to try and get him to stop barking.

#1 - I go outside with my pj's (it's about 11:45 PM) and a little jacket b/c it was rather chilly. I get over to him (he's near our culvert) and he's barking at something. I then see a skunk Skunk dancing around with his tail up and I hear a nice spray sound. Bear got sprayed and well, I was only about 5 ft away and now I kind of smell like a skunk too.........LOL I can still smell the lingering smell today, but it is SLOWLY fading away.

#2 - As soon as Bear sees me he runs away from the skunk (around 12:45 - 1 AM).

Well, he won't stop barking except when I'm out there, so I ask Les if a box fan in our room would drown out the noise. We agreed that it would, so I went and got one and plugged it in. It was like heaven to my ears!! Thank you to whoever created the wonderful box fan....LOL I was finally able to drift off for a while UNTIL I started smelling smoke.

I woke Les up b/c my nose was itching and I could smell our wood-burning stove. He goes to check on it to make sure that everything is fine with it. All is good and finally I go back to sleep. My alarm went off at 6:40 AM and I felt like I hadn't slept a wink. ;) So, I call in at work and tell them that I'm going back to bed and I'll be there later. We slept till about 9 AM and then got up feeling a little bit more rested. Needless to say, it was quite the adventerous night!!

I am thinking that we're going to have to try the "no bark" dog collar and see how Bear likes that. He barks non-stop at night sometimes and I'm sure the neighbors just love him - well, I know I do.........hahaha NOT! When I was telling my mom about our night she just laughed b/c of me smelling like a skunk now - I was laughing too and can't believe it!! YUCK! I can't wait to tell my dad and hear of his reaction too of my stinkin' (no pun intended) story.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: