Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10.23.2011

Randomness

Whew, that was a STORM last night!!!  I woke up to hail, LOTS of lightening, strong winds, etc.  My mom was staying with us b/c she had kept the kids so that Les & I could go out for our anniversary (10-6-07).  :)  We celebrated 4 yrs of marriage and we have been together a little over 6 yrs.  We had a blast and Les treated me to my favorite place; The Melting Pot.  However, I am going to attempt this at home.  I am looking for a bouillon recipe to cook the meat in.  So, once I find that; then I am going to start with chicken and shrimp.  Then, I'll add the steak later on.  The chocolate that we ordered was Flaming Turtle - LOVED IT!  The waiter added rum that was on fire and it was flaming on top of the chocolate till it burned off.  Oh man, the chocolate was milk choc with caramel, and pecans.  YUMMO!  It was nice b/c we had time to just talk with no distractions.  It was about a 45 minute drive over there; then we were there for about 2 hours; then another 45 minute drive home.  Sadie did excellent for my mom & I'm so happy since she's not a bottle baby.  Would I change that; absolutely NOT.  I love that she's a good nurser and it's only for a short year b/c they go by just too fast.  Gosh, Sadie is going to be 8 months old in less than 2 weeks.  It's just flying too fast for me!

Something that I have been working on at home is writing scriptures down on notecards.  I am going to be hanging them around the house (mirrors, computer, etc).  I want our family to start memorizing scripture and when we see it all the time; then it will start to become engrained in our brains.  I just love this!  I have bought different color sharpies to make it fun and not boring black ink/white notecard.  If you have a favorite verse that you would like to leave on my blog; please do so!  I will add it to our cards w/ your name on the back of the card.  That is the other thing that I am doing.  I have asked for favorite scriptures from my parents so far and I am keeping record of who it's from.  I love knowing their favorite scriptures; to me; that's such a big gift and comfort to go to in a time of storm.

Otherwise, we're doing great!  Gearing up for hunting season; which starts in about 2 weeks (not early enough for Les.........LOL).  He has actually been bow-hunting some and enjoying that.  Plus, it let's him start hunting a month earlier..... :)

God bless & have a beautiful day!!!!!!!

No comments: