Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

8.07.2009

Breakthrough!!!

SOOO exciting. Normally Zachary will not sleep in his bed during the day and I have no idea why. He'll go down at night like a pro and won't hear anything from him the rest of the night till 7 or 7:30 AM. Well, yesterday, I decided that we would try the napping in his own bed again. I put him down at his morning nap time; which is usually around 9:30 AM or so. This nap is normally only 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Well, I couldn't believe it, he slept for about 45 minutes and then woke up and I could hear him in there playing; which was totally fine with me since he was happy. We have a remote control to his mobilie, so I snuck into his room and turned the mobile on from the doorway - that way he wouldn't see me. LOL I was gone in the afternoon, so the nap was in the car. This AM I put him down for a nap in his bed and he had a repeat of the day before. We visited with my SIL, Amy and the triplets this morning; then I had a doc appt to freeze (again) a stubborn wart on my hand that literally came out of nowhere, back home and we fed him and out he went. I told Les to try and lay him in his bed and to my amazement, he is fast asleep IN HIS CRIB!!!!! So, I am TOTALLY SHOCKED and so proud too!!!!!!! :)

Other updates, we have been working on Zachary's solids and he is taking homemade: Plums, bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, peaches (this is not homemade), and apricots (not homemade either). I am getting more and more used to making the food, so I am excited about it. Tomorrow Zachary is going to be trying squash for the first time. I am so curious to see how he does. He's a great eater!!

Zachary is going to be 5 months old on Tues and I can hardly believe it. On Monday he has his bloodwork to see how he's doing; which I think will be normal, well, normal for him. ;) I am excited b/c we'll get to see Dr. C and I just love her. She's probably 6-7 yrs older than I am and super sweet.

I'm going to try to get a pic to upload, but if there is no pic; then I am still having problems. :)
Yay it worked - okay, this pic was from the first time that he tried just cereal; which this was back around 3 1/2 months old. The hemotologists wanted us to start him on a little bit of cereal b/c he was eating like crazy. He didn't really like it at first, but now he's an old pro and sits in his bumbo to eat 2x a day. :) My big boy!!

2 comments:

Dori said...

He is so cute! Glad he is doing so well!

Vegas Campise Crew said...

I swear he looks more and more like you every day. He is sooo precious! I am glad that he is taking to the food well. I am proud of you woman for making the food. You inspire me to try it with the next baby. Love ya and miss ya bunches!