Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

8.27.2009

Pyogenic Granuloma

Yesterday I was diagnosed with THAT on my hand. If you want to see pictures of what those growths look like; then just google that. On Tuesday morning I am going to be having surgery to have it removed. The doctor said that surgery should take around 30 - 45 minutes. I am so relieved to be having it removed. I was VERY scared that it was going to be cancerous before I found out what it was. One thing that scared me was what it looks like and how fast it grows. My husband and I my mom will be at the surgery center with me. My dad is going to be taking care of Zachary. After surgery, my parents will care for Zachary for several days. The doctor said that my hand will be very sore. He also said that the incision will be fairly large because he has to have room to take the thing out and have skin to stitch up. I am picturing a scar of a good inch long, but we'll see once I get home. My plastic surgeon said that he could do it in office, but he is worried that it will bleed too much and that I would be very uncomfortable during the procedure. He wants to be able to make sure that he can get it out without having to worry about me. I am happy about that because I know that it bleeds very easily and I don't want to have to worry about pain during the procedure.

I appreciate your prayers and that it would heal quickly with no problems, that it would be a very quick and easy surgery, and that Zachary does good a few days away from us.

Otherwise, that is really all that is happening around here. We're all doing really good and just moving right along. :)

1 comment:

Dori said...

Just saw this, hope all went well!