Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

4.25.2005

Hail & tornados

I'd have to say, I just got out of the tub b/c there sirens going off over here for tornados. I thought it was safe to get out, but as soon as I got out, another siren went off. I turned the TV on and I listened to what they were saying. There was a little bit of a rotation and lowering of the clouds about 5 miles from me. I had just gone through the storm and I had dime size and a little bigger hail. Kodiak was looking around trying to figure out what was going. When I called her and we went into the bathroom, she just followed like a good girl. She got in the tub quickly and we sat down with our pillows. Can't ever be too careful. Especially with the storms around here, you know?
Storms are over now and it's very pretty outside. The sky is clear and blue.
Maybe I'll take Kodiak to the park now. All warnings are over, I think. Of course, storms can come on very quickly w/o warning. I guess I'll watch the Weather Channel for a moment and see what's going on outside.
Well, I have more to write later, but that's all for now.

Later!

4 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Hi, I linked to you from Maurice! I saw from your post that you are going to begin work in McKinney. My nephew and his wife just moved to McKinney from Roseville, CA. And, I, too, have a nephew (great-nephew) named Caleb.

I'm going to read some of your posts, if you don't mind...I'll be back often. Nice meeting you! :)

Les and Kimberly said...

I am from Allen, which is right next to McKinney. My parents live in Fairview (small community just North of Allen and south of McKinney).
I hope that they like living there. It is a very growing place! Do they go to church any where?
We have something in common, I bet your nephew is just as wonderful as mine is. (c:
I'll look at your blog too.

Pilot Mom said...

My nephew Dan goes to Fellowship of Stonebridge:
http://www.fellowshipofstonebridge.org/

Isn't it fun how God connects all the dots and makes this world seem really small? :)

Les and Kimberly said...

oh yes! it's a very small world.
When I was a summer missionary in MT a couple of years ago. A music minister at one of the churches we worked at knew my brother from college. they had gone to HPU (howard payne univ.) and were brothers from the frat. (IXA) I was shocked. Come to find out, he had lived in Covington,LA before that where my aunt and uncle live and he knew my aunt's sister from high school. He had had a crush on her then. Talk about WEIRD! yes, it's a small world.