Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

5.09.2010

Cinco de Mayo

I'm late in writing this post, but I was out of town on May 5th.  Things have changed HUGELY from a year ago today.  A year ago today, Zachary had his last transfusion and was getting close to being 2 months old.  :)  I remember my SIL, Jill telling me that soon it would all be in the past and a distant memory.  I remember thinking last year," I am so ready for this all to be a distant memory."  The last transfusion that Zachary had was by far the hardest one for me and I cried off and on all day that day because HE cried a lot of the day.  I told my mom that day when we were getting to go home after about 8 hrs at Children's that I had just about all that I could handle.  I knew that God was there with me, but I was totally worn down and exhausted.  A year has passed and Zachary has not had anymore transfusions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  While my mom were out of town, we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with Zachary.  We had dinner at a Mexican Restaurant on Lake Taneycomo in Branson, MO.  It was a wonderful day and celebration as I talked about how much has changed in the last year since that last transfusion.  Zachary has slowly had more and more time in between his blood checks and right now, he has 6 months off.  He goes back for blood work at 18 months, but that is still 4 months away........THAT makes me so happy!  Zachary knows what's about to happen since he's had it done so many times and when they start putting the turnicate (sp?) on his arm, he stays as brave as possible and usually doesn't cry till they actually poke him with the needle.  I honestly think that he has more blood work than Les & I have combined and he's only 14 months old.  He's a brave little guy and we're so proud of him.

So, I am proud to say that 1 FULL year has passed and NO transfusions!!!!!  Thank you, Lord - you heard and answered my prayer last year on May 5, 2009.

1 comment:

Vegas Campise Crew said...

AMEN! THANK YOU SWEET JESUS!