Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

6.09.2008

Wow............

Boy, what a weekend we had!!! I should title my blog the exciting and busy times of L & K!!!!!

Friday - we went out to dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse with my brother (Christopher), his friend Kim and her sister Karen; then it was Les and I too. We had a good time! After that we climbed into Kim's vehicle and went down to this place called Pokey O's. Kim had been telling me about it on Thurs and I was excited to try it. You pick your cookies and then your ice cream and they make you a big ice cream sandwich (aka Pokey). I had a vanilla sugar cookie and a white choc macadamia nut cookie stuffed with cookies and cream ice cream!! YUMMY!!! To me this was the best part of the evening. :) We didn't stay out late because I was walking in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on Saturday morning EARLY and Les had to be at work at 8 AM.

Saturday - got up early and me, my mom, and brother all walked in the Race for the Cure. My mom is a 4 year breast cancer survivor and a 9 year uterine cancer survivor. Every time that we're involved in these events it always brings tears to my eyes for the appreciation that I have that God chose to heal my mom instead of take her to be with Him. Thank you Lord!

Here is a picture of Christopher (my brother), Marsha (my mom), and Me before the walk. Thank you for taking our picture, Angi!!

Saturday night we all went out to the races in Greenville. We had so much fun and there was this one car that went off the track and into the back of a storage unit. Thank goodness the boy was not hurt, but I wouldn't want the responsibility to have to pay for someone's things in the storage unit. That night was the 1st time that anyone had ever run into the storage unit and not only did it happen 1x, but 2x's in 1 night - they were shocked!!! We had a great time, even though we had dirt flying in our eyes and being hit my mud on occassion!!! :)

Sunday - went to church and then afterwards went grocery shopping. Then I hung out with my brother for a few hours and then went home and started cleaning. I had to do some laundry too along with cleaning the bathrooms. Les got home and we cooked hamburgers and spent time just the two of us. We had fun!

Today Les is supposed to be working on finishing the wood floors (last coat of varnish) and then we're going to move the furniture in on Tues night after I get home from work. We're going to do spring cleaning too and get rid of a lot of clutter of things that we don't use or need anymore. That'll be nice! We'll also get to set up the new bed in the spare. I'll take pictures once we have it all done and clean! Everything is so dusty right now from sanding........that stuff gets EVERY WHERE!!! :)

Well, I'm getting back to work now. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow - that cookie/ice cream place is somewhere I MUST go!