Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

4.29.2009

Relay for Life

This is our 2nd annual Relay for Life. My mom is a 2x cancer survivor (uterine and breast). She has been cancer free from uterine cancer for almost 10 yrs and cancer free from breast cancer for 5 yrs. God has been so good to take care of her during the various surgeries and treatments. My dad and I helped to take care of her through both of them. We love you, mom and so glad that God has blessed us with you for this much longer!!!!!


I made Zachary a onesie for him to wear for the walk. The front said," Relay for Life." There was a pink breast cancer ribbon on the front too. On the back it said," My Grammy is #1." This is the picture of me giving it to my mom - she teared up.

Here is the Chick-fil-a chicken and Zachary is just looking up at him and doesn't seem to be too scared. Of course, he probably can't quite tell what he is looking at either.......LOL

Here is a picture of Les, Zachary and I. I have a purple sash thing on that says," Caregiver" since I helped take care of my mom. This was after the caregiver lap with their survivors. It is such a meaning time and always makes me tear up b/c I know that I am blessed to still have my mom here.

Here is Zachary and his grammy. She wanted a picture with his onesie on him. He had a lot of fun at the walk and really enjoyed his time there. He stayed awake for the whole thing and then he CRASHED once we were leaving. I guess he knew it was over and he didn't want to miss anything; which I can't blame him for that!!! We were there for over 4 hours and I was surprised that he lasted the entire time. What a trooper he is!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

The onesie is PRECIOUS!!!! I love it! He had to stay awake and make sure Grammy knew he was making his support known as well for her. He might not have been here yet but he is on the bandwagon now with the family. ;) PRECIOUS!!!

Dori said...

What a cutie he is!