Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

4.14.2009

Update

Hey Everyone,

It has been quite a while since I posted anything, but I have definitely had my hands full for a while.

Let's see, Zachary has turned 1 month old and that was exciting! He weighs in at around 8 lbs now. He has had his 1st transfusion and is in the process of having his 2nd transfusion today. He has been such a trooper and does so well!!!! He has a great temperament - he eats well, sleeps well, and pees and poops VERY well. The doctors are 99% sure that Zachary has this rare thalassemia trait (passed from his dad). It runs in the family on Les' side, but everything should be just fine once he starts making his own adult red blood cells; which could be a few more months. We were asking the doctor today how rare this particular trait is that he has and she said that she has never seen it before and more than likely will never see it again in her lifetime.

I wanted to let you know that you could also keep up with what is going on from my mom's blog at www.marshaminutes.blogspot.com or you can link to it from the right side of my blog where I have a list of blogs and it's called Grammy's Blog. I hope to put up some new pictures of him (they're on my camera), but I just haven't had time.

We appreciate all the prayers and know that I feel them. It is an emotional time for me, but I am doing good with the support of both my family and Les' family too.

We love y'all!!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I am soooo sorry yall are going through this with him. Thank God for the doctors and yall figuring out what was going on with him though. At least one major hurdle is cleared. I love yall sooo much and wish I was there. Know we are praying for yall. Cadence has been praying for Zachary every night (you and Les too). She can't wait to meet him! :) Love ya and if you need anything please don't hesitate to let me or my family know. We love yall! Take care sweetie! You have won the most amazing Mom award already sweetie. I can't imagine what you are going through but I know all the prayers and support have been your backbone. Give my sweet "nephew" hugs and kisses from me.

Dori said...

So glad to finally read an update about the little guy. All of you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Let us know how he gets on!

Lisa L said...

Hey, sorry Zachary has had such a rough start. Praying for all of you. I know you will be so glad when you don't have to go down to Children's for the transfusions any more.