Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

9.08.2009

What a night!!!!!!

Whew, glad that last night is over and I'm hoping for a MUCH better tonight. Zachary's ear infection didn't go away with the meds and last night he woke up close to 11 PM SCREAMING. It wasn't his "hunger", "sleepy" cries, but of one that we haven't heard much. I knew something was wrong and told Les that he must be in pain. Well, Les was changing his diaper and he started grabbing his ear. It was a pretty rough night b/c he would only sleep 1 1/2 - 2 hours at a time and then wake up crying. Him and I eventually moved to the couch and he slept on his boppy pillow on one end of the couch and I had my legs propped up on either side of the boppy so that I could feel when and if he moved. Les and I took him to the doc this morning and he started on a new/stronger med this afternoon. We're using tylenol and olive oil in his ears too and that has seemed to help with some of the discomfort. He is still trying to smile despite the pain. He wanted to jump, so he jumped in his jumperoo several times today for about 20 - 30 minutes at a time. :)

I get my stitches out THIS Friday and I am excited about that. I wonder what it will feel like once they're out. Will it still be a little uncomfortable if I move it weird or will my middle finger still be restricted and not able to open my hand 100%?! I am nervous b/c I don't know if it will hurt or not, but definitely ready for it to me done.

Well, I am going to bed to try to hopefully sleep better than last night. :)

GOODNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Poor Zachary! I remember those days when Hannah would get ear infections and nothing worked but driving around or holding her upright. Laying them down makes their ears hurt worse which is why we usually don't learn about an ear infection until bedtime. You might want to keep in mind the after hours pediatrician clinics for future reference. We always took Hannah to those when she had an ear infection because the nights were so rough, we wanted to get an antibiotic in her as quickly as possible to clear up the infection. There is an Acute Kids in Allen by the Scotty P's Hamburger joint. That is a nice one.

Also, there are drops you can put in their ears to help numb the pain but it is a controversial medicine so you may want to talk to your doctor about it before using it. Also, for future reference, the closest 24 hour pharmacy to you is the CVS at Virginia and 75 in McK. At least that is the closest 24 hour CVS, but there may be other 24 hour pharmacies closer but I don't think so.

Let me know about your hand and also I saw you have John Mark's blog on your page now... That is funny he has a blog. How did you hear about that? Did they announce it at church or something? Too funny!

Kimberly said...

Thank goodness he is feeling a LOT better today! He was on meds for his 1st ear infection, but it wasn't clearing it up 100%, so it came back with more pain this time around. We got him into the pedi office 1st thing that next AM. :) I will definitely remember the 24 hour clinics b/c you just never know when you'll need it.

Okay, so I found out about the blog on Facebook. Scott sent an e-mail with the blog address....hahaha I was surprised by him starting a blog, so it should be interesting as to how much he writes on it. ;)