Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

3.25.2008

You Know You're a Redneck When......

You're out on the boat up a creek and your husband wants to build a fire ON the boat.
Sorry about the quality - it was taken by a picture phone, but you can at least see the flames - the trolling motor is right behind the grill and then you can see the lake too. This is Les in the black, white, and red jacket. I am sitting off to his right side, but you can't see me. :)

Here's the story:
We went out to Lake Lavon Saturday afternoon - it was me, Les, and David. We took our grill, charcoal, and lighter fluid because we were going to grill out while we were out on the lake. Well, we soon realize that the lake is about 5 feet high and there is not much land around the creeks to get off and cook our hamburgers. Les decides that while we're up this creek he is going to start the grill while we're fishing in the middle of the creek. I told him," I don't think this is such a good idea." Well, him and David decide to go ahead and make it work. Les is looking for the charcoal and come to find out - we don't have the charcoal. I said (sarcastically)," looks like we'll have to go home now so that we can grill the burgers at home." Les said," no, we'll just use the branches that are sticking out of the water from the trees that are underwater. Who knows WHAT type of trees these were, but Les gets the grill going and I'm padding out the hamburger meat. I had put on several worms at this point and there is no where to really wash your hand, but I did use my hand sanitizer to "wash" my hands...........hahahaha We grill the burgers and needless to say, they weren't the best tasting b/c the wood is what gives them great flavor a lot of the time. I forgot to add that when Les cleaned the burger flipper - he just dipped it in the lake. We were all laughing at this point and couldn't believe it. David took pics, so if I get them; then I will add them to the post so that you can see our adventure. We had a good time and now something to talk about...........LOL

I hope you enjoy our redneck grillin' out........... :-)

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

Hahaha Great story! I can really picture it. Thanks for the chuckle & thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad I could give you a laugh as well. :)

Anonymous said...

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny! That gave me a GREAT laugh for the day! I will make sure to get Ryan to read about your weekend as well. That will make his day better! :) Love ya! Can't wait to see you!