Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

3.05.2010

Praying for Our Husbands

One blog that I thoroughly enjoy reading is Today's Housewife.  I know 2 of these girls from growing up in Allen and going to church with them as well.  I really enjoy this blog b/c it is real, godly, useful, thoughtful advice.  They talk about how to save money (which I love coupons!), how to be a better wife (the one that God intended us to be), how to work around our house, etc.  There are just soo many topics that they cover; I couldn't even begin to list them!  I always find that their advice is straight from their hearts and is what I believe too.  Today, I was looking through a few posts that I hadn't read due to my laptop dying.  I found this particular blog post a MUST READ for every Christian woman out there.  I think that it will help strenghthen your marriage, but will also help our husbands out in general.  I love finding new ways to encourage Les, pray for Les, whatever!  This past week I had put little notes that I made around the house where I knew that he would find them.  There were 3 notes in all of why I loved him.  It was fun and I think that he liked finding them (I know that I enjoyed hiding them!).  :)

Anways, here is the blog part that I really liked........ENJOY:

Dear Lord, I pray for my husband, from head to toe.
His head-That he will look to You as Lord of his life (1 Corinthians 11:13).
His mind-That he will have the mind of Christ and think as the Holy Spirit would lead him and not the flesh (1 Corinthians 2:16).
His eyes-That You will keep his eyes from temptation and that he will turn his eyes from sin (Matthew 6:13, Mark 9:47).
His ears-That he will hear Your still small voice instructing him (1 Kings 19:12, Psalm 32:8).
His mouth-That his words will be pleasing to You (Proverbs 19:14).
His neck-That he will humble himself before You and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in Your Word so that he will be prosperous and successful (James 4:10, Joshua 1:8-9).
His heart- That he will love and trust You with his whole heart (Deuteronomy 6:5, Proverbs 3:5).
His arms-That You will be his strength (Psalm 73:26).
His hands-THat he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from You (Ecclesiastes 3:13, 5:19).

His feet-That You will order his steps and that he will walk in Your truth (Proverbs 4:25, Psalm 26:3).

1 comment:

Vegas Campise Crew said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing this!!! Can't wait to see you! I am waiting to go pick up Mom from the airport right now. I hate this waiting game. Trying to stay busy so the time goes by fast. Love ya and see you soon!