Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.16.2010

Chemo #4

My mom had her 4th round of chemo on Monday & is doing great!  She finishes her last steroid & insulin shot this evening, well, until the next round of chemo in 3 wks.  She's been really focusing on resting today b/c I have a check-up tomorrow w/ my OB that she really wants to go to.  So, it was stay in bed today for her!  My dad & I went Christmas shopping for Zachary.  We took him with us to see what all he would like & what he wouldn't like.  The item that he hated the most was this gorilla thing that moves its arms & grunts.  He was shaking his head NO and trying to get as far away from it as possible.  The item that he loved the most was this dancing Mickey Mouse - he loved it!  He was clapping, pointing, and moving with it.  It was really cute watching him!!!!
Les & I will have to start Christmas shopping soon ourselves for him & all of our nieces/nephews.  :)

Good news - I did receive the 50 free cards for my Christmas Cards & I'm so excited!  Now I have to decide which one I really love, so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!  If I can keep think of 10 things to write about; then that one would be fun & I wouldn't even have to do a Christmas letter - that would be awesome!  I hate to just send a picture & not tell what we've been up to, but that's just me.  I'm weird like that!  :)  So, I'm going to start working on that idea b/c I need to get our family picture done first; which will be done once Les gets back from hunting & he has a day off that isn't FREEZING!  Last year our pictures at the Village of Allen was on a cold day & it was hard to sit still & not shiver........HA!

I appreciate all the prayers for my mom that have gone up.  She feels them & really needs them as do I.  I have felt a huge burden lifted since the 1st round of chemo b/c it was really the fear of the unknown & not being there with her to hold her hand or encourage her.  I've been able to go to 2 of the 4 & have enjoyed my time with her.  :)

Well, I'm going to go and do some laundry now - Z's almost out of socks!  Time to do his laundry I suppose.  :)

Have a great night & I'll let you know how my appt goes tomorrow at the OB.

1 comment:

icenhower-family said...

So glad to hear things are going well for your mom...and for you! I will continue to pray for the both of you and that this will be suck a wonderful holiday season for your family!!