Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.13.2010

Having Fun!!

We've been busy & having fun all at the same time!

Les & I left last Friday to go deer hunting for opening weekend.  It was my first time to actually sit with myself & my rifle.  On Sunday morning, I had a great opportunity to shoot my 1st doe, but it was so fascinating looking at her in the eyes in the wild, I didn't shoot.  Of course Les said," why didn't you take a shot?  You could have had her."  I explained that it was the 1st time that I have ever seen a deer about 30 yards from me in the actual wild & not just in a fenced environment where they've been trained to let you pet them.  It was just awesome!  I had my gun ready, aimed, hammer back, finger on the trigger, but didn't pull it.  It's really just unexplainable.  After she ran off, I sat there shaking from the adrenaline rush..........soooooooo cool!!!  I can't guarantee that the next doe will have that chance to run off.  :) 

Les will be leaving here in the next few days for another week of hunting where he can still shoot a doe or a buck.  Zachary & I will more than likely go and join him for a few days, but it all depends on the weather.  It's supposed to get a little chilly next week, so it's just a waiting game.  At least the weather will be GREAT for Les, so his chances of coming home with either a doe or buck are great. 

I went yesterday and had my hair colored back dark brown.  It's darker than what I was expecting, but we did match it to the hair underneath that hasn't been touched by blond highlights & man, it was dark under there!  It looks like my hair is almost black, but I know the color will fade some over the next few weeks.  I didn't want to have to deal with highlighting it through the holiday season & once the baby got here next year, so back to dark I went.  It's still long, so that's what I care about.  LOL  My dad & brother have very dark hair, so I know I'm close to my "natural."  Just getting used to this dark again is the strange part.  It's fun to color your hair though, so, why not play with it & try new stuff?!

Tonight I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited b/c we're going to the Texas Stampede at the Allen Event Center; which is awesome already, but then you add Montgomery Gentry to the mix & you have a great night!  Zachary is going to have so much fun I think & so will Les & I.  I will do my best to take pictures, but we all know how that goes...HA!  Last night we went out to the Heritage Days (part of the Texas Stampede).  It was a free event for the whole family & we had so much fun laughing & just enjoying our little family of 3.  I can't wait to add our newest member to the mix!!!!!!  Miss Baby C, we might be getting close to figuring out a name for you, but that's a secret for everyone else till the very end..........;)

Yesterday I made 7 1/2 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange that I went to this morning, so that was super fun.  I love being in the kitchen baking, so I was in heaven! :)  One of my good & longest friends was hosting it & she knows that I love sausage balls, so what did she make as a side treat for everyone?!  SAUSAGE BALLS!  I think I discovered those yummy things through her family MANY years ago.  Her & I have been friends for, oh, about 21 years.  So, thank you, Becky, for the sausage balls...........what a happy girl I was.  :):)

Have a great day & enjoy the cooler temps!!!!!!!!!

No comments: