Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.27.2010

What a Crazy Thanksgiving Week

Boy oh boy, I definitely didn't picture this week the way it has turned out, but, we just keep praying & pressing on.  We know that HE knows why He allows things to happen even when it seems to be a mystery to us.

The week started off great with the arrival of my niece & nephew (brother's kids) from Maryland on Sunday afternoon.  Then we saw Santa on Monday & all 3 kids (Zachary included) did great.  I love the pictures that I bought of Mr. Z.  We played a lot on Tuesday & just soaked our time in with them.  Wednesday, I had gotten up and started some of my cooking.  Around 9:30 AM my mom called & was very sick.  She said that the doctor wanted to see her, so I finished getting dressed & went & picked her up.  We got down there around 10:30 AM and we finally got home around 4:30 PM.  It was a VERY long day needless to say for both of us.  I got a few things done there for her & then headed home.  Around 7:30 PM, my dad took her back to the hospital for a fever & we knew that she would be staying.  Dr. K had told us that if she would have had a fever while we were there; then she would have been staying & he told us that if one develops; then he wants her to come to the ER immediately.  I'm glad that she listened to him once the fever came on.  My dad spent Thanksgiving with her & we all went to the Johnson side for Thanksgiving lunch & then Les & I spent the rest of the late afternoon/evening at home just relaxing.  I needed to put my ankles up, so it was nice to just sit around the house nice & cozy & rest.  So, that's what I did - NOTHING Thursday night!!!  :)  Friday I watched my niece & nephew & also dragged them through a few stores to get a few things that I hoped to get, so that was fun.  My dad & I took the kids to go and say goodbye to my mom b/c as I write this, they are at the airport waiting to go home.  :(  We'll see them at Christmas time too, but it's always hard to see them leave.  Yesterday afternoon, Zachary & I played with the dogs.  Then we said goodbye to Caleb & Caitlyn.  Now today we have Les' side of the family & I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on that side of the family too.  I know that Zachary will have fun playing with his cousins; they're closer to his age too, so that's fun for him!!  I have french bread in my bread maker kneading away & then I'm going to make some loaves after that's done, I'm making pecan pie for Les, & then I'm planning on making fudge to take to my SIL, Amy, who likes fudge.  ;)  My recipe for fudge makes 5 lbs of it, so that part will be done for my goody bags for my neighbors/family.

I just love this time of year of family, food, fellowship, baking, etc.  However, we can't forget the REAL reason for Christmas.  That's the birth of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ!! 

No comments: