Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.21.2011

Absent for awhile....yes, I know!

I want you all to know that even though I haven't been able to blog what I am thankful for; I have been writing them down.  We were out of town from the 7th - 17th.  We were camping at Caddo Lake State Park.  We had a great time, but as you probably know; not many people knew we were going to be gone AND for such a long time.  Les was out deer hunting and actually shot 3 while we were gone.  So, for him this year; he has 4 deer.  He's allowed 1 more for the state of TX, but we'll see if he's able to get another one. 

Here are the things that I am thankful for:
Day 7: Rain - whew, this is much needed for Texas.  We had just set the pop-up up at the park and within 10 min; it was POURING!!

Day 8: Heat - there was a cold front that came through and it was just flat out cold, but thanks to heaters; we were able to stay cozy and warm.

Day 9: Shelter - we have been sheltered through the rain/cold.  I would say that this also goes for our house when we're home. 

Day 10: Burp Clothes - Sadie LOVES to hold them when she's going to sleep.  It's crazy; I can be rocking her without it, but the minute she has one in her hands; she's sound asleep!

Day 11: Internet - we were basically without any type of service (phone/internet).  So, when we actually had service for a moment; then it was nice.  HOWEVER, it was also nice to not have any of those things and just focus on each other.

Day 12: Owls - we went on a Owl Prowl with one of the park rangers.  This was very informative and enjoyable for us.  Now Sadie didn't really know or care what was going on, but Les, Zachary and I enjoyed it.  They are such beautiful animals!  On our Owl Prowl, we did get to hear an owl "talk" back to the tape that the ranger had. 

Day 13: Nature - Zachary and I were on a hike one morning and while we were walking; the leaves were falling all around us.  It was such a beautiful sight.  I was thanking God for all that He has created!

Day 14: Laundry Mats - this one is crazy b/c we take for granted our machines at home, but when you don't have them; they're such a blessing!  I only packed for 5 - 6 days and knew that if we stayed longer; then we would need to do laundry.  This particular day; I took a break and went and washed our clothes. 

Day 15: McDonalds and their $1 Sweet Tea - oh man, this was the best glass of sweet tea b/c I had been drinking water and some kool-aid.  YUMMO!

Day 16: Nice Neighbors - this particular day I was thinking of our neighbors at the state park.  The couple that was staying next to us were so sweet and friendly.  One of things is that they let us borrow their internet card thingy to check the weather that was about to change (storms coming in) and another thing was bringing us homemade peanut butter cookies..........can I just tell you how good they were?!?!  I ate several immediately.............HAHAHA  When the kids and I went to tell them goodbye; Margo had made me a red, white, and blue hotpad holder.  That was so sweet & I was so thankful for that.  In fact, it's on my counter right now!

Day 17: Knowledge - the kids and I had taken a walk down another trail.  Well, while we were walking, I came across a smell that I identified as butterscotch.  I went to the rangers office and explained to them the smell.  After researching, the ranger decided that it was a Ponderosa Pine.  It was so cool learning something, both me and them!

Day 18: My own bed - it was wonderful to be sleeping with just Les.  Zachary slept with us the whole time we were gone b/c we had Sadie on the other end by herself.  He is a snuggler, so it was nice to be able to stretch out on my side of the bed....HA!

Day 19: Homemade goodies - I have already begun a few yummies for family/friends.  I made a treat today and can't wait to share it!

Day 20: ME!  I was actually born on this day; it was my 32nd birthday.  :)

Day 21: God's Healing Hand - as I was thinking about today's blessing; I was quickly reminded that this time last year, I was at the doctor with my mom.  She was very sick and had to be hospitalized (she was on chemo).  I was thanking God for healing my mom and giving me (all of us) more time with her.  I don't know if He has healed her permanently or just temporary, but I am still thankful for this extra time.  Thank you, Lord for being the Great Physician.  I love you, Lord!

There you have it, folks, I am all caught up on my days now!!!!!!!!!!

What are you thankful for?????

No comments: