Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

12.26.2007

Christmas Day!!

What a wonderful Christmas Les and I had. This was our 1st Christmas as a married couple!!!!!! :) This is really our 3rd Christmas together though. I don't know where the time has gone. Yesterday we got up around 8 AM or so and my parents and brother came over for Christmas breakfast and we exchanged gifts with them. That was fun! Then my mom and I got the ham ready and while I prepared it she was there on hand for any questions! It was one of the easiest things that I have ever done. I just put it in the oven and baked it - very good! I love glaze on ham and when the time came to put that on - I was really excited! It was so tasty!! While the ham was cooking we took a walk through the field beside our house to the forest/tree line and wandered around through there. My parents had never been to the old barn down in there and so they were able to see that. Bear and Kodiak were having a blast running around and playing. Kodiak went for a swim in our pond and then headed off into the field. There is a creek that runs through the middle of the tree line and Kodiak swam in that too. Bear jumped over that and he has a jump of about 5 feet in width - we were all amazed by his jump over the water! After we wandered around there for a while it was time to go back and the guys start working on fixing my Explorer. So, we got back and my mom and I sat outside and enjoyed the weather and Les & Christopher (my brother) worked on the car. Around 1 PM my mom and I started to get the rest of lunch ready and then Doris (my mother-in-law) arrived and we finished getting lunch together and then ate. We had a wonderful lunch together. Everything was wonderful. We had ham (of course), green bean casserole, steamed brocolli, sweet potatos, potatos (how I ate them in Russia), and I can't remember if there was anything else or not. Then for dessert we had pecan pie and pumpkin log. It was so good too! After lunch my parents left and we hung out with my mother-in-law all afternoon and had a great time. We went Christmas light looking after dark since we hadn't been this year yet. I really wanted to go and so we left. We had a good time doing that too and just talking and being together. We winded through parts of Lucas, Allen, & Fairview. We made a pit stop at my parents' house to see their lights and use the bathroom. Then we were off again to go through another part of Fairview. After we got home, Doris left and Les & I played a few rounds of Yahtzee. I love Yahtzee!!! He beat me both times. :)

All in all, our first Christmas together was awesome! I couldn't be anymore blessed to have Les as my husband. Oh, I forgot to tell what we got each other. I got Les a mountain bike. I had a mountain bike, so I thought it would be cool to ride together when we go camping or whatever. I found a mountain bike in red and was very excited! Then Les got me this Precious Moments figurine of a bride and groom together and it says," Just Married." It was very sweet! Santa brought us an ornament that says," Our First Christmas - 2007." It was very special and really meant alot. I couldn't have asked for a more exciting Christmas and I am so glad by how God has blessed us both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is sooooo nice reading your blog. I love hearing about you and your Husband and family. I really like hearing about how the small stuff excites you! God is in the small stuff!