Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

12.31.2007

Happy New Year and reflections f/ 2007!!!!!

I can't believe that 2007 is already over with. This has been one whirlwind of a year for me!! I'll give you the highlights of my year:

February - Les brought up marriage - that was the 13th at 10:45 PM!!! :) I didn't sleep a wink of sleep that night I was so excited!!! Circle Of Hearts

March - We set the date for our wedding. We have family/friends who live out of state and wanted to make sure that they would be able to come. ;)

April - Les officially proposed to me on Easter Sunday - April 8th!!!! We were sitting in the truck getting ready to get out to go to Sunday School. We were sitting in front of a fountain (that wasn't working that day) and Les gave me an Easter Card. I felt bad b/c I hadn't got him an Easter card, however, when I opened the card and read it - he had the engagement ring on the back of the card wired on. It was very sweet and I didn't do the proposal justice, but it was the BEST day!!! I couldn't wait to get into Sunday School and show off my new ring and the fact that we were getting married. When we got back to my parents' house after church - we told my dad and brother, but not my mom. My dad prayed for lunch and during the prayer mentioned something about a newly engaged couple (us) and my mom was like,"what?!" She was SUPER excited!!! They hugged us and then we went and took pictures in the bluebonnets. It was AWESOME!!

May - I found my wedding dress!!!!!

June - Wedding Showers started - that was sooo much fun!!

July - Went to Peru for 15 days!! I went on a mission trip with the organization that I work for - MMI (www.mmint.org). I had an awesome time, but was definitely ready to get home and be with Les. :)

September - Went to Colombia for 1 week with my work. We have an annual staff conference and we were in Barranquilla, Colombia. I got home 1 1/2 wks before the wedding - crazy, I know!!!! :) I also had my bachelorette party this month and LOVED it!!!

October - WEDDING!!! HONEYMOON!!! Burning Heart Beating Heart

November - I turned 28 and had a low key birthday party. I love cheesecake, so that was my "birthday cake." :)

December - Les and I celebrated our very 1st Christmas together as a married couple - that was sooo EXCITING too!!!!!!!! Now we are going to be celebrating NYE together tonight as a married couple. I just LOVE all these 1st's. They are so exciting to me b/c I know that I won't be able to have them again.

God has really blessed me this year and I'm so thankful for Him!

Thank you, Lord for all that You have done with me and through me. I pray that You will continue to use me for your service through 2008 and many years to come. I trust that You will always take care of our needs. You are so gracious to us - thank you for sending Your Son to this earth, so that we may know You and serve You. Amen.

No comments: