Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

7.13.2008

4th of July Weekend!!

It's about time I am telling myself........hahahaha Normally I have not wanted to get on my laptop after being on a computer all day at work. So, I have not made the time to do it. :)
Here is a lowdown of our 4th of July weekend celebrations!!!

Thursday night - we went out to Royse City to visit with my mother-in-law, Doris. We had a good time. We went and had BBQ at this really good BBQ place. Then we went and got the dogs and took them for a walk around city park. After that we went back to the house and talked till about 11 PM. It went by so fast, but it was great seeing her and spending time with her! I am definitely fortunate to have a mother-in-law that I get a long with so well. Oh, one of the highlights besides the walk around city park was her feeding the goat. Oh my gosh what a site and man can that goat eat fast......hahahaha It is so cute b/c the goat eats its meals out of a bottle still. After Doris put the goat back in the cage; I could see the goat in there shredding/eating the newspaper in her cage. It was pretty funny!

Friday - slept in!! Then Les worked 12 - 6 and I did things around the house. After Les got home; then we headed out to Garland for their 4th of July events. They had booths set up and my favorite booth was the ice cream booth........LOL You could pick your ice cream and cookies and they made you an ice cream sandwich - VERY GOOD!!! The picture below is of us at the festivities in Garland.

The fireworks were awesome and we were literally right under them. I took several shots, but the picture that came out the best was this one. I don't know how to do a video posting, but I got some great video of the fireworks too.


Saturday: Slept in!!! We went to a wedding early afternoon and then that evening we went out to the Honey Grove rodeo. There was a dance afterwards and those are always fun! At the rodeo they have started a new thing: mini-bullriding. They are boys about 12 yrs or so and they are riding bulls, but not the HUGE ones in the main bullriding event. On Friday night one boy named Chance was taken by careflight to Dallas, but he was back out for Saturday night to compete. He ended up with a bruised lung, but he was ready to go again. BRAVE (or stupid?!?!) little guy! In fact, I think he might have even been in Ladonia last night too competing. I didn't catch the boys' names from last night. He did good if it wasn't him and no injuries besides a few bruises for the boys last night - Thank you, Lord.

Sunday: We went to church and then we grilled that evening. We just hung around here and did things because we had had a very busy weekend; which we love! There aren't too many days out of the week that we don't have something going. :)

Overall, we had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: