Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

7.14.2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HONEY!!!!

As you can probably tell from the title - today is Les' 37th birthday!!!! I just wanted to write a quick note of our fun birthday weekend for Les.

We started out by going to the rodeo on Saturday night and had an absolute blast! We actually didn't even get home till 2:15 AM....... :) We went out to the Ladonia Rodeo and had a good time. No one was hurt majorly - thank you, Lord! Then we danced our hearts away afterwards with the live band. It was so funny b/c Les and my friend, Kristy, were dancing and this guy came over and asked me to dance. I accepted and we were out there and the first thing that he asked me was," Are you married?" I said," yes, he is actually right over there dancing with one of my girlfriends." So, we finished dancing and I went over to Les and Kristy to tell them what he had said. Well, Les and I were out dancing and I saw Trey (the guy who had asked me to dance) walking around looking for someone to dance with. So, Les and I decided to dance over to him. I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he was looking for someone to dance with and he said," yes." I told him that my friend over there in the black shirt would dance with him. So, he goes over to a girl in a black shirt (not Kristy) and asks her to dance, but she tells him no. So, we go back over to him and tell him to go a little bit further back. So, he asks Kristy to dance and they do. Then several more times over the next little while he comes back to dance with her. We knew he was young, so Kristy asked him how old he was and he was 18! It was really funny because then 1 time while they are dancing he asks her if she likes to party. She says," well, not really." We just kept teasing her about it and we got a really good laugh out of the whole thing, but definitely fun!!!!

On Sunday night, we went and ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse with my family - we had just picked them up at the airport. My parents had been in MD and were bringing the kids back to Texas for the rest of the summer. It had been about 2 weeks since we had seen my parents and it was fun to see them! They even brought us some maple candy and my mom brought me a pair of pewter earrings from their visit to the Trapp Family Lodge (The Sound of Music). The Trapp Family had escaped from Austria and resided in VT (http://www.trappfamily.com/).

Les, I am so glad that you are my husband and we have had an awesome 9 months of marriage and can't believe that we have been together almost 3 yrs now!!! I am so glad that God brought you into my life. I look forward to all the memories, trips, and all around life that will come our way as we live out our dreams together. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

ADDITION TO THE POST!
I was just talking to a girlfriend of mine because she was asking how old Les was, etc. I was telling her that the first time that I ever found out when Les' birthday was was actually on July 13th of 2005. It was a Wednesday night and I had been at a bible study at church (we were doing a video series of dating). Well, I had a huge crush on Les and I thought that he might be interested too; which he was......:) I asked everyone "in general" if anyone wanted to go get ice cream - definitely hoping he would accept and go too; which he did!! He was driving one of his big trucks and he met a few of us at Braum's in Allen. I remember him saying that his birthday was the next day and we asked him what he was going to do and he said that he was going to stay home and work on the truck! I think I remember him saying that his mom would possibly be coming over to make dinner.
Today, Les is actually teaching my nephew how to shoot guns with my dad. Caleb has this huge fascination with guns and they went shooting - the 3 men! :) I hope that Caleb is having fun and learning the safety of guns too.
Just wanted to share a memory from our 1st summer of meeting and getting to know each other.

2 comments:

Rower Two said...

Happy Birthday Les!!! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend :-) And definitely lots of fun tonight!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!!

It was great to see you today, Kim...

And I so want to go to The Trapp Family lodge!! That will have to be a family trip sometime! :)