Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

8.21.2008

Catfish!!

We were so excited yesterday because we now have our very first fish in our pond. :) Les went fishing yesterday afternoon while I was at work and he caught a catfish. He brought it home and left it in the ditch where we had water standing from all the rain. He surprised me when I got home and told me about it. He said that he waited to put it in the pond because he wanted for us to do it together. I wanted to see the catfish, so we went to our ditch and there it was; just chillin' out. Les grabbed it and it wasn't moving too much, but we thought that we would give it a chance anyways. Les found just the perfect spot at the pond (to avoid as much mud as possible) and put the catfish down into the water. Once the catfish realized that it was free - it swam off like lightening!! It was pretty funny.

The catfish is not alone in this pond because we have who knows how many tad poles and a few bullfrogs. We have also had ducks that will stick around for a week or so and then leave for a while and then come back. We have had those gray herron type birds and I'm sure more, but I can't think of any others off the top of my head. OH, the dogs, they both LOVE to swim in the pond every chance they get. You'll notice that one or both of the dogs will disappear and moments later, we have a wet dog........LOL

We're now 10 wks along and so far so good. I go in on Monday to try to hear the heart beat and make sure that everything still looks good. It would have been 2 weeks since I last saw my doctor and I am getting anxious. :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on your fish :)

Dori said...

Congrats on the fish! You ought to try and video tape the first heartbeat. Something to keep and treasure...

Les and Kimberly said...

That's a great idea! My mom is going with me and I'll have her take her camera and video the moment. I now know how to post videos on here, so if it's good and clear; then I'll try to post it on here. :)

Terrie Gentry said...

Wow! God is wonderful! Isn't he!