Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

12.10.2008

Truffle Making

This blog was going to be all about making truffles, but I have to put in here that Les was able to see my tummy move and see our little guy moving around in there tonight. I was so excited because today my mom got to feel him move also. I was over there at lunch and I told her where he was moving, so she put her hand there and she felt him move 1x. I could feel more times, but she said that she couldn't feel them. So, she got to feel him and Les was able to see my tummy move a few times. This is sooo exciting!!!!

Okay, now on to my original post about truffle making. Every year I always make treats for family, friends, and neighbors. This year I decided to make truffles to add to my list of goodies. I have 3 recipes that I am making and I have 2 recipes down and 1 to go. Last night I made chocolate truffles and tonight I made Oreo truffles. Last night as I was making the balls; it was really sticky. I was talking to this lady at work today and was bouncing off a few ideas of mine to her to see what she thought. I mentioned to her that I had thought about putting flour on my hands to see if that helped with the stickiness and she told me a secret that someone once told her; now I'm going to tell you. SPRAY PAM ON YOUR HANDS! I thought that it was a pretty good idea and I did that tonight and it worked like a charm! I barely had any of the mixture on my hands after making the balls and I was happy about that. I am going to be making my last batch of truffles here in the next few days and will definitely be trying the Pam spray then too.

The other goodies that I will have this year as of right now are:
Fudge - this is already made and ready to go!
Iced Sugar cookies - I have new Christmas cookie cutters this year, so I'm anxious to use them. :)

As I sit here thinking; I guess that is all that I will be making, so I have 3 things done and 2 to go! YAY!!!!!

If you ever want any of my truffle recipes; just let me know!!! I love sharing recipes and enjoy baking/cooking. If I don't have a recipe that you want - I know that I can find something equally as tasty. ;)

4 comments:

MondoSheltie said...

Wow! I am impressed! Truffles? I need that recipe. Have you ever made home made twinkiew? They are great! Go to top secret recipe and click on twinkies. The video is great!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I spray PAM on my hands too when I make my mounds and peanut butter balls. Please share the truffles recipes. Those sound yummy!!!!!! Love ya bunches!!! We are down to 7 days!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!

Les and Kimberly said...

I'll make sure to do a post with the recipes in the next few days. I have dinner plans tonight, but I think that I can do it tomorrow! They are super easy and TASTY!!! :)

Amy said...

Yay for fudge! :) Have fun!