Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

1.02.2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I know that I am a few days late, but it has been a little crazy around our household. :) I am glad that 2008 is over and we can start with a clean slate in 2009.

Les and I rung in the New Year by eating out at Red Lobster and then coming home and spending time with each other. Last year we were in bed asleep before midnight, but this year we made it to midnight! I was surprised that I made it because I have started getting a little tired if I do too much during the day......LOL :) I am currently 29 wks along and doing really well. Les is finishing up hunting season for the season this weekend - it ends this weekend. He has had a lot of fun camping, hunting, scouting areas, etc.

A few highlights that we have had over 2008 was:
  • We celebrated our 1st anniversary in October! That was exciting and we celebrated several times. On our way home from MO in September, Les had planned a night at a cabin in the woods. That was a lot of fun and very romantic!!!
  • We found out that we were pregnant officially on July 28th. That was super exciting and now we're 29 wks and 3 days along. Where has the time gone?! We are looking forward to welcoming in our new little guy around the middle of March.
  • We went to MO back in September for a week and we really enjoyed that. He got to meet some more of my family from Springfield. We went and visited the cemetery that my mom's family is buried at. It is a beautiful family cemetery. In fact, it is very close to the 1st house that my grandparents ever lived in when they 1st got married. I enjoyed showing Les more about me that he has not seen before. I am from TX, but I have quite a few memories of growing up in MO when we would see family. My mom spent a lot of time in Springfield, so she had a lot of stories to tell him. It was fun!
  • We spent a long weekend in the Hill Country and that was a lot of fun too! We visited San Antonio and had fun downtown on the Riverwalk. We hiked around the Guadalupe River State Park and enjoyed a picnic there too.
  • We pulled up the carpet in our living room - there is woodflooring underneath. We love the woodfloors and enjoy the old fashioned look that it gives. We both enjoy the rustic part of it. It was a lot of hard work restoring the floor, but it was well worth it in the end!

We have a lot to look forward to in 2009 and a few of those things that come to mind offhand are:

  • We will be welcoming into the world our first child, a baby boy, hopefully around the middle of March. We're still working on the name and yes, I know, we only have about 10 wks till he'll be here. We're getting there, but haven't decided upon name yet.
  • We start our birthing classes this upcoming Wed; which I totally cannot believe! I was telling Les that between my doctor appts and the classes; we will be at the hospital at least 1x a week from here on out till he arrives. WOW!!!
  • Our nieces and nephew (the triplets) will celebrate their 1 year old birthday on January 31st! This is exciting!
  • My best friend is getting married in May, so that is going to be a fun time!! Yay, Julie & Nathan - I am so excited for y'all. They just bought their first house and are so excited about that. :) Julie is like a sister to me and I am so thrilled that she is happy and about to start this new chapter in her life! I was just thinking today; Julie and I have been friends for about 13 yrs - geesh, that makes me feel old..........LOL Love ya chica!!
  • My Mexican brother, Carlos, is getting married to a great girl, Deborah, in June. I don't know if we'll be able to go to the wedding b/c of the new baby, but we'll be there in spirit if we're not able to go. I love you, Carlos - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I hope that you have a great 2009 and I am excited to see what comes our way this year. I pray that we will continue to follow God's plan for our lives. I also pray that Les and I will continue to keep the Lord in the center of our relationship because if it were not for Him; then who knows where we would be. Thank you, Lord for everything; we love you!

HAPPY 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy New Year to you and Les!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I can't believe that time has gone by this fast! Just think you are starting your classes this week!!!!!!! Love ya and hope you have a blast! Hope to see you before I leave if not then I will see you next trip. Love ya bunches!