Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10.25.2005

Revenes

Well well well, tonight was quite interesting. All I gotta say is," you gotta watch out for those revenes."

Kristy and I had been at the dog park in Allen tonight and as we were getting ready to leave, we had a little bit of an incident. We had the dogs all loaded, seat belts on, lights on, etc. Well, we went to go forward and KABOOM down we went.

It was a hard hit, but it happened so fast! We looked at each other and we were both slanted forward. We had gone off into a revene. Everyone was okay. Well, I got out and looked and yep, you guessed it.......we were STUCK!! We had gone down about 3 - 3 1/2 feet into this nice revene. My back wheels were still on the ground, but no matter which direction I tried to go........NOTHING! It sure was smoking though from the tires having so much resistance. Yuck, lots of smoke too right after we hit too.

We both got out and this man had been leaving the same time as us. So, he stayed with us until Mike (a great man) came to save the day. Kristy tried calling her parents, but no tow ropes. My parents were at a viewing of my great aunt or something like that pretty far away. So, we called Mike..........YEAH! He has 3 daughters, so, he knows what it's like to have girls. For you guys, you'll understand someday. Thank you Mike if you ever read this, I appreciate it so much. While we were standing around waiting for Mike to come, I said," If Les was here he could have come and got me out."

Well, Mike arrived and used his Escalade and a ski rope to pull me out. It took a while, but my explorer finally budged. It did snap the ropes 2x and he had to call the tow company. He wanted to try 1 more time by using the pieces that were left from the ski rope and to our dismay.........out came the explorer..........BARELY.

Kristy and I hugged Mike bye and we left. I got my car to where I could see it and nothing was damaged except for my license plate bracket. My license plate is barely hanging on. So, besides the mud, that's it.

The one question people kept asking was," why did ya'll do that?" Well, I wouldn't say we exactly wanted to try to drive off into a deep revene tonight. But thank you God for allowing Mike to be home and to be able to get me out w/o costing me anything but my time. I can definitely handle that.

Well, that was the excitement of the revene tonight. I wish I had a digital camera so that I could have taken a picture of this adventure to post on here and to remember forever.

Later..........Kimberly

No comments: