Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

6.12.2010

Why Are We Mean to Each Other?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and I just can't stop thinking about why other moms/women, etc are mean to each other.  You don't really hear of guys "being mean" to each other.  So, why do we do it?  I decided to blog about this topic b/c one of my FAVORITE blogs to read Heir to Blair (you can find the link on the right side of my blog).  She was talking yesterday about how she has been critized by other woman about things she says on her blog.  Background on Blair - she suffers from Post-Partum Depression and she is super honest (which I admire) about her "issues" on her blog and she said that woman will tell her "that she's a terrible mom", "she shouldn't have any more kids", etc.  Just MEAN, horrible things.  If they don't like the things that she says; then why do they read it and put her down.  Blair said in a blog that even her therapist reads her blog and that it's good for her to be able to write down her feelings, thoughts, whatever in dealing with the PPD.

I have talked with Les before about how woman are so judgemental towards each other, compare their kids to each other (good and bad things), etc.  It just really makes my heart ache b/c we need each other to lean on, help us through bad times, be there for us, be each others confidants, etc. 

I am so lucky that I have girlfriends that I can call true friends.  Some live close, some live far, but no matter where they are - they are there for me through thick and thin.  Some I have known for 20 yrs and others just a few years.  You gals know who you are & I love y'all so much.  Thank you for being there for me, letting me cry on your shoulders, thank you for praying for and with me, thank you for giving me sound instruction and the list goes on.  Best of all, I know that I can count on you at any hour of the day.  LOVE Y'ALL with all my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' – Matthew 22:37-39


My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:12-13


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - excerpts from 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

1 comment:

Vegas Campise Crew said...

Amen woman! I get frustrated when other women think they are God's gift to motherhood. We all have our rough days and we all make mistakes but in the long run that is what makes us the incredible moms we are. People sometimes need to keep their hateful thoughts to themselves unless they want others to hold them under a microscope. So upsetting! Love ya lady! I think it is fantastic for her to "journal" all of the struggles she goes through. Proud that she has the guts to post things that seem to raise issues. That takes a mighty strong woman. I am interested in reading hers now. Love ya!