Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

5.06.2008

Almost Forgot!!!

So, we have a full pond and we have ducks and thousands of tadpoles and frogs. I'm not kidding when I say thousands of tadpoles. If you go out to the pond in the middle of the day while they are basking in the sun under the water - you can see them. They are big, they are small, they are medium! It's crazy, but so cool too!!! Our pond is now inhabited by living things. We knew that we could hear them, but wow, to actually see them was so cool. I can't imagine WHAT it will sound like once all those tadpoles are full grown frogs!! We're going to have our own frog tourist attraction.........LOL If you stand out there for a few moments - a frog will actually float to the surface and float at the top of the water with its head out. Oh, also the tadpoles swim around a lot; they are very busy swimming, eating the insects that are on the water, etc.

We now have the well uncovered b/c the bricks were slowly starting to fall in and we wanted to do something. So, Les and his friend David pulled the 2 big brick coverings off and we have a board deep in the hole covering it in case something living falls in and our john (sp?) boat sitting over the hole to help even more. We bought this big heavy plastic pipe to stick in there and we're hoping that it will keep anymore bricks from falling in. I think I have pictures of the well, so I'll have to take some the way it is now and then the ending result. We want to build something pretty to put over the well to make it look cute and go with the house (I have a vision in my head as to how I want it, but we'll see what we end up with!!!). :)

Just thought that I would share in our fun times!

No comments: