Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

5.18.2008

FOUND THE CAMERA!!!!!

Yay, so I found the camera AND the cord to be able to download the pictures onto my laptop. So, here we go, I'll try to put a comment by all the pics so that you know what you're looking at! I love it and even though it doesn't look the best yet - it will once we're all done. I am SOO EXCITED to see what it looks like all restored!!!!

Here is the first picture; this is part of what has been sanded so far. It has dust on it, so it's hard to see it clearly, but it really looks pretty in person.

The picture above is the whole room, well, most of it. There is part of it that you can't see. We only have about 25% left to strip and then start sanding it too. We have been stripping and sanding both to see what we have and to make sure that it is looking good to us. We had dinner in here last night and Les sat in the chair that is on the far side of the picture.

Above is a section that I wanted to show you. As you can see on the left side of the picture that part has not been touched with stripper OR sandpaper. The right side of the picture has been stripped and sandpapered. However, the part that has been stripped and sandpapered is FAR from being done. You can see my laptop in the picture and this is where I am sitting while typing this blog up. :) Everything that WAS in our living room is now in the kitchen, hallway and spare bedroom. The door in the picture above leads to our kitchen, so see below!!

Here is our beautiful jam-packed kitchen LOADED down with everything!! It has our couch in there and the couch is actually on its back. Our computer desk is in there along with both computer chairs. :)

Below is a picture of our spare bedroom loaded down with things too. We have a stuffed bobcat that Les shot in there, an old entertainment center (its for sale for $15 OBO), a table (its for sale too $10 OBO), a vacuum cleaner, bunk beds, dog crate, several dressers, etc. What I'm trying to say is," IT'S BEYOND FULL."

Les and I have decided that when we start to put things back in place we're going to get rid of things too. We have too many things in the house that we never use, so we'll have another garage sale and get rid of several things that we do not use or do not need anymore. :)

Overall, I would have to say that I wasn't definitely skeptical about taking on this project, but once we have started it - I have really enjoyed it! This is my first thing to really "restore." It's been very different and fun at the same time. I'll keep updating to let you know how we progress!

Till then............

2 comments:

Jill Cornelius said...

I bet the floors will look gorgeous when you're done. I love wood floors and one day hope to replace all our carpet with wood.

On another note... would the bunk beds happen to be for sale? We're in the market for some for the girls' room! Cash or trade?

Amy said...

Hey... I just thought of something, since you are cleaning things out and getting rid of things, do you know where those marriage books and cd's are? Are you finished with them? If not, that's ok....keep them, if so, can I get them back?