Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

5.18.2008

Wood Floors

So if you remember from a previous post you'll see that we had burned our carpet and besides that there were various pee stains from a few dogs. We decided that since the carpet was getting nasty; then we would rip it up. Les knew that there were wood floors underneath in the living room. He hadn't seen it in about 10 years, so he was not sure of the condition. We ripped up part of the room and it looked pretty bad (see below).


See the stain above is from the carpet padding, but the stripper is making it come off so easily and then we're sanding afterwards. It's so neat to me to see it coming together!!!!

Now we have been working and my hands/fingers hurt, but it is starting to look GORGEOUS!! The hardwork is really paying off and the life of the wood is coming back. After all the wood is almost 60 yrs old!!! Our house was built in 1950. ;) The 3rd picture you can see the couch and part of the carpet that has not been removed yet. That has now all been removed. It is amazing what some TLC, stripper, and sand paper can do. :) I am planning on taking a picture of where we're at right now, but since our house is all disorganized right now I can't seem to find it. I am so happy with it and I think when it is all done the floors will resemble an old wood cabin. I am LOVING the floor!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The floors do like nice!! I can't wait to see them in person. I didn't realize y'all had wood floors underneath the carpet...how cool.