Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

9.08.2008

The weekend! :)

This past weekend started off with a not so fun event - we had to put the last dog to sleep - Josephine. She was my grandma's dog and has lived with my parents since my grandma died April 24, 2001. She was a really great dog and lived to be 16 yrs old. She had rectal cancer and had a huge tumor that could errupt at anytime - the vet would not do surgery and gave her about 2 wks to live, so we put her down after about 1 week after getting a 2nd opinion. It was hard, but it was the best decision. We had to put our other dog, Sampson to sleep back on August 4th. Sampson was also 16 yrs old and he had kidney failure and was VERY sick. He is definitely no longer in any pain. While it was hard, both dogs had great lives and lived life to the fullest. Here is a picture of Sam about 2 wks before he went into kidney failure - he was such a great little dog - he was mine, but was adopted by my parents when I went to college.

I have pictures of Josephine too that I plan on posting, but I do not have any with me at the moment - they are at home on my laptop.

On to more positive things:
Friday night - after work we (me, Les, my mom, and my brother) went out to Royse City. We picked up Doris (Les' mom) and went and ate BBQ. Then we went and watched the Royse City Bulldogs trample on the Atlanta Rabbits. When we left there was about 5 minutes left of the game and the score was 35 - 7 (Bulldogs in the lead). It was a good game - very packed too. This was the Bulldogs' first 4A game and their first game in their new stadium. We had a great time and got to see family and friends while there!! :)

Saturday - I went with 14 others to see the musical Menopause - that was so funny! I was having a really good time and enjoying it, but then tiredness grabbed me and I fell asleep for a few minutes. It scared my mom because she had seen my head drop and instantly checked to make sure that I was okay. It happened so fast, but when you're tired.....LOL I only missed about 3 minutes of the musical, so that was good.
That early evening I took a nap and then went and ate dinner out at Catfish Heaven - YUMMY!
Also, today was our 11th month anniversary - YAY!!

Sunday - Les and I got up and went to church; then he had to go to work afterwards. After church I went grocery shopping, cleaned my kitchen, ate lunch, read a book, and then went to the Old Hymn Night at our church. That was a lot of fun and we had a good group too (me, Les, my parents, Les' mom, my Aunt Cookie, and Charlotte - Doris' friend). We had fun singing and I actually knew the majority of them. We had this same thing in the Spring and it was a blast and I am looking forward to the one in the future too! :)

That's a recap of my fun and exciting weekend! Why do the weekends always have to come to an end?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo sad about Sam and Josey! :( I didn't know that happened! They both were fantastic dogs and will be missed. At least they are in a great place without pain. Hope you are feeling good! Can't wait for you to go to the doc again for an update!!!! Miss ya woman!!!! Love ya!

Amy said...

So sad about the doggies! That would be fun to go to a RC high school game at the new stadium. Sounds like you had a packed weekend. You may have to slow down some for this little kiddo you are carrying.

Amy said...

oh and my friend jan went to see menopause... or she is going to see it.

also, who did you see at the game?

Les and Kimberly said...

Yes, definitely packed, but I did get a nap in.....LOL

I went with about 14 other people - you would know Kristy and my mom.

We saw Kevin, Jill, and the kids, Cory and Carrie, Jill's family; then Les knew a few people, but not sure who they were.

Dori said...

So sorry about losing the pup.. It's never easy to make that decision...

Amy said...

Wow! Everybody was there!