Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10.20.2008

Weekend Update

We had a pretty busy weekend, but it was definitely fun. Here is a low-down on our weekend - why do they go so fast?! :)

Friday - started off great by getting off early! Les and I met at our house after work and headed out to Royse City. We met up with another couple and went to the Royse City Homecoming game. We saw some of Les' aunts and cousins that we hadn't seen since the wedding. Then we also had just gotten seated in our seats and Les had a phone call from his brother. It was his niece's on the phone and they were sitting on the same row as us, but in a different section. They were waving and then at 1/2 time, we went over to visit with more of the family. Over there we got to talk to Kevin, Les' brother, Maddie and Haidyn, Les' nieces, and Amy, Les' sister. It was fun seeing everyone and then when 1/2 time was over we headed back to our seats to finish out the game and continue visiting with our friends. Our friends are pregnant also and they are actually 1-2 weeks ahead of us and that is really cool. So, we talked all about the pregnancies, etc. We had fun talking and catching up!

After we left the game and dropped them back off at their car and headed on home. When we got home I called my friend who was driving up from San Antonio area to spend the weekend with me. She was almost to our house at that point and she arrived around 11:45 PM. I was so excited to see her and we talked for about 20 minutes and then I had to hit the hay because I was getting pretty tired!

Saturday - Les got up and went to work early and Becky and I slept till 9:15. We got up, had cinnamon rolls and got dressed and headed over to my parents' house. We all went down to Dallas to this brand new park that was opening this past weekend. It is called the Trinity River Audubon - http://www.tx.audubon.org/Trinity.html It is off of Hwy 45 and really pretty! They had all kinds of booths set-up, walking trails to various ponds, etc. Check out the website - it is a great spot to go when the weather is a little cooler. After that we came on home and Les met us at my parents' house. We decided that we would all try to find this hayride in Caddo Mills. Les, me, and Becky went on to our house to get changed for cooler temps once the sun set. Then we headed over to Les' mom's house and visited with her for a while. My parents and brother met us at her house and then we headed to eat at Soulman's BBQ. My friend, Becky, is from Canada and had never eaten BBQ. She really liked it! We drove around afterwards trying to find the place, but we all came to the conclusion that it is no longer there. We had a nice drive around the country though and you could see a lot of stars! After my parents dropped us off at Doris' house; then we left and did some spot-lighting. That was fun, but we did not see one coyote! I was really surprised because the night was beautiful and calm. Oh well!

Sunday - we went to church and then afterwards decided to go to the Pumpkin Patch in Celina. That was a lot of fun and here is the website because it is not too late to go - http://www.bigorangepumpkinfarm.com/index.html It was $7 to get in and that included a hayride, hot dog and animal food to feed the goats, sheep, & cows. I had a really great time and can't wait to go back next year with our baby. By then Baby C will be about 7 months old, but that all depends on when Baby C decides to make its entrance into the world. :) Les, me, and Becky had never been to a pumpkin patch before, so it was all our first time and we all enjoyed it. It was a nice family environment and definitely enjoyable by all.

Sunday early evening Becky had to head back down to San Antonio. We had a good time having her in our home and the first person to sleep in the "guest room/baby room" since we've been married. It was fun having an out of town guest stay with us! I know that Bear enjoyed having someone sleep in his room.........LOL

I hope you all have a great week!

4 comments:

Dori said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Amy said...

What aunts and cousins did you see?

Les and Kimberly said...

We saw Karen and Nikki and can't tell ya the names of anyone else! I don't remember. :) Les also saw several other people (friends, coaches, etc) that he knew, but I honestly have no idea of their names.

Amy said...

Yes, it never fails... I always see a TON of people I know. I did that night too but didn't run into any aunts or cousins. I told Kevin I'd like to just go up and down the aisles looking for people.