Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.12.2008

Amish Friendship Bread

Thank you, Alina! I made my 2 loafs on Monday and they turned out really good. I gave the 4 baggies to 4 new people and gave them the "to do's."

I brought one loaf to work and everyone has been eating on it and I have one at home. Les gets home tonight (YEAH!) and I'll give him some of it too. One ingredient that it calls for is pudding of your choice, so I chose to do Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding and it is so good! Les LOVES chocolate, so I think that he'll like the bread too.

So, if you ever get a starter of Amish Friendship Bread - definitely do it! Now, if anyone starts a sourdough starter - PLEASE GIVE ME A STARTER TOO! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the best bread! My Nanny made that stuff all the time when we were growing up. I remember having that bread on our counter all the time. That brings back some good memories! I would love to start some as well. Do you have the starter recipe? Love ya woman! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked it! The first time I did this I used vanilla pudding and then this time I used cheesecake pudding - SO good. I bet the chocolate was super good - I don't think you can go wrong with this recipe! :)

Les and Kimberly said...

yum.......cheesecake flavored pudding!!

Sarah said...

Isn't that the best! I have to tell you a funny... the day we were getting ready for a storm here, I went to Walmart and saw two Amish people leaving (although they may have been Mennonite... who knows). I texted to Mark that I saw Amish people at Walmart and he wrote back and said, 'Quick, steal their secret bread recipe!' I was totally cracking up :D

Dori said...

I love sourdough bread! I want a starter of that as well...