Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.04.2008

21 wks today!

Wow, to me the time is really flying and I am starting to grow a little bit more and more each week. I haven't taken any pictures in the last few weeks, but I'll try to get one soon and post it. I have been feeling pretty good besides a few growing pains. :) I have been feeling Baby C kick/move more, but still not an every day occurence, but I do feel him if I sit still and concentrate. Most of the time I just don't lay down and take a break, but when I do; I feel him some of the time. What an amazing feeling and something that I just can't put words to - babies are such a miracle to me. I always thought that, but now that I am pregnant, it is even more a miracle to me and such a blessing too!

My camera man (Les) is leaving to go hunting and will be gone for a week, so maybe before he leaves I'll get him to take a picture of the baby bump..........:) We're hoping that this year of hunting will yield 3 deers (2 does and 1 buck). The county that he is hunting in allows for 2 does the 1st 2 weeks of hunting season, so we'll see!

Okay, now I want to go a completely different direction - I really enjoyed the devotion that I received today. While it did step on my toes because I would like God to come and save His followers from the evil that is spreading throughout our country - I know that it is for the wrong reasons. I want to see Him face to face, but I know that there are SOO many who have not heard the truth and I truly want them to have the opportunity to know my Lord. I wanted to share it with all of you too - I receive daily devotions from Christian Women Today (if you're looking for a daily devotion; then these are great and I would definitely recommend them).

COME SOON, LORD JESUS

**Are you facing uncertainty in your life? We would love the opportunity to pray for you.

"In the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing" (2 Timothy 4:8 NASB)."Yes, I am coming soon" (Revelation 22:20 NIV).

Years ago, when I learned my 34-year-old sister had been diagnosed with breast cancer, I felt numb. After telling a friend the shocking news, I added, "I wish Jesus would return.""You should welcome Christ's return because you love His appearing," my friend said, "not to avoid trouble."This answer startled me. I looked to God to fix my problems and help me. Looking for Christ's return only because I longed to be with Him was a new thought for me. Later, after reading that Jesus will give a crown of righteousness to "all who have loved His appearing" (2 Timothy 4:8), I gave serious thought to why I wanted Christ to return.Lately, with numerous world crises, I hear Christians say, "Come soon, Lord Jesus." And I say it, too. But what are my motives? Do I only want to escape life's troubles, or do I truly long to see Him face to face?When I e-mailed these thoughts to a friend, she replied, "You are so right about yearning for the Lord's return with the right motives--for no other reason than to take our places in eternity with Him."She continued, "These are exciting times to strengthen our trust in God and to tell others about Christ's love and salvation. This week, I shared Scripture with several ladies at the fitness center where I exercise."I love her hopeful, upbeat attitude. Yes, Jesus is our only answer, and He will return. Revelation 22:17 (NIV) says, "The Spirit and the bride say, ?Come!' And let him who hears say, ?Come!' Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life."We live during uncertain times, but we have a secure, rock-solid God. Even so we say, "Come soon, Lord Jesus."

~Lord, You have everything under control. And we know You will return for Your bride in Your perfect time. Help us to wait with eager anticipation because we long to see You and be with You forever. Strengthen us today as we walk. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Questions: Do you look forward to the Lord's return? If so, why? How does knowing that we have a dependable God help us in uncertain times?

Author: Lydia E. Harris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those growing pains! Just wait! Your stomach will change sooooo much after you hit the halfway mark. It is like one day you fit into something and the next you don't. :) SOOOOOO much fun! :) I can't wait to see you!!!!!!! The invitations will be done tonight once I get Ryan to print off the list at work. Love ya bunches and see you really soon!!!!! Give my nephew a kiss from Aunt TT! :)

Dori said...

I can't wait to see more "bump" pictures!