Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Zachary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sadie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.19.2008

Coyote Calling + Pygmy Tarsier

Yep, that's what we did last night!!!! :) We walked in the field behind our house and sat down in the trees to await our coyote. We have been to this very place before and were able to call up a coyote before. Les said the weather was perfect - still and dry, so e set up the caller and had the video camera ready and within 5 minutes, we spotted a coyote. He came out of the trees to the right of us and was running towards the sound. We watched him for several minutes and then he ran off. We have it on tape and it was very cool and in the video you can see the exact moment that he smelled us.

Now onto a story that I read about this morning. This thought to be extint mammal was spotted again back in August. This little creature is called a pygmy tarsier. The last time that they had been spotted was back in 1921, so a very long time ago! Here is a picture of it and to me, it looks like one of stars from the movie, Gremlins. What do you think???


This little guy was found with 2 others (1 female and 2 males) on a mountaintop on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi. They only way about 2 ounces and can turn their heads 180 degrees.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one creepy looking animal! I wouldn't be holding that thing if I was that person. YIKES! It totally looks like Gizmo. HAHAHAAAAAA! That is AWESOME! That is really neat about the coyote. That is really cool. I can't believe that they came out like that. How neat! Love ya and see ya soon!!!!!! :)

Les and Kimberly said...

I know, totally gizmo or what's the mean gremlin with the white spike???

Oh, I love seeing the coyotes, we hadn't gone in about a month and last night the weather was perfect! Now, my leg did fall asleep while sitting there and that took all of 5-10 minutes to go to sleep.......LOL

Anonymous said...

Wasn't his name Spike? I can't remember his name I just remember he was REALLY ugly! HAHAHAAAAA!

Les and Kimberly said...

that's what I was thinking too, but I don't know for sure! Definitely ugly though....LOL